Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Three Other Recent Political or Pop Culture Questions in History Meghan McCain is Absolved from Having to Answer

From HBO's Real Time with Bill Maher, HBO, July 22, 2009:

Meghan McCain: The Obama administration has to stop blaming things on its predecessor. I'm sick of hearing, 'Oh, we were handed this.' I know, everybody knows. But we need to move on.

Bill Maher: Do you think that's what Obama's doing?

Meghan McCain: I do, to a degree.

Paul Begala: Not to enough of a degree. Not nearly enough. Ronald Reagan blamed Jimmy Carter every day for eight years.

Meghan McCain: You know I wasn't born yet, so I don't know.

Paul Begala: Well, I wasn't born in the French Revolution, but I know about it...
  1. Yankee Reggie Jackson lead all 1977 World Series hitters with a .450 BA and five home runs, including three in game six. Or was it game five?
  2. One of the biggest selling singles of 1976 was "Afternoon Delight" by which vocal group?
  3. Which former Beatle released the album "Give My Regards to Broad Street"?*
*Controversy swirls around this assertion, but in fact, Paul McCartney's album was released October 22, 1984, one day before Meghan McCain's birth.